Earth Day - How To Recycle Your Fashion Wardrobe
Today is Earth day and it is a worldwide event, to increase awareness and appreciation of the Earth’s natural environment. Did you know that remnant fabrics used clothing in Los Angeles alone account for up to 10 percent of trash clogging up landfills, according to city estimates. So can you image what is happening worldwide? How can you support Earth day regarding fashion. What recycling ideas can I use to play my part in reducing clothing productions. Its simple darling, it’s called “Tapping into your existing wardrobe”.
Watch my videos and get some ideas about creating your own fashion collections without buying a thing.
- Tapping into your existing wardrobe is ever so powerful. Trawling through vintage shops over the years has allowed me to collect unique pieces of clothing. The quality of these fabrics and textiles are so beautiful and to purchase any equivalent today will cost you a fortune.
- I have got 10 vintage Channel buttons that any women would pay big bucks for right now. My 50-year-old Mayfair woollen jacket turns heads every single time. Lets not forget my 1960’s Sophia Loren Haute Couture dress in green emerald, which is an Opera wearing event all on its own. Must have cost me a fortune right? The most ever paid for any of these collections was £20.
- Revamping wedding dresses for photo shoots.
- If you don’t wear it give it to charity or a friend in need.
- Head to your local vintage or charity store before you buy something new.
- The links below show how fashion labels use recycled or environmental conscious cotton material.
- Affordable Indie Red Carpet Fashion
- Junky Styling Recycled Clothing
- Facts about clothes and wastage from Earth 911
More than 1 billion people now take part in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. You can make a huge difference and still look fabulous every single time.
Clothes made of recycling materials
H&M Conscious Environment Collection 2012
- #affordable apparel
- #clothing out of landfills
- #earth day
- #earth day 2012
- #environmental health perspectives
- #facts about clothing
- #Gracie opulanza
- #H&M conscious collection
- #Junky Funky
- #reclying fashion
- #reclying fashion trends. womens and mens clothing
- #used clothing
- #vintage clothing
- #vintage wedding dresses
- #waste couture
- 1 year ago