Cardigans - Why You Can Never Own Too Many?
When it comes to fashion designs, theÂ versatileÂ and power of the cardigans will alwaysÂ completesÂ and add aÂ differentÂ look to your outfit every single time. Can I own too many? AbsolutelyÂ not!
Women’s Cardigans suffice for both business wear and casual wear and one can fit them either with dress pants or dresses or shorts. Also, whether it is cold or warm, cardigans are great nevertheless. They are fantastic if you have large or bat wing arms because they give you a slimmer look.
Here are many different ways to wear women’s cardigans.
- One of the best ways to get ideas as to different dress combinations is to persue a fashion magazine or journal. One can also experiment on their own and see what works best.
- There are more conservative cardigans with the v-neck and long sleeves and there are also those which have buttons all the way up. Then there are turtleneck versions which have been around for some time but have not lost their mass appeal.
- The next question to ask is where the cardigan will be worn. If the cardigan will be business casual, meaning you may go to work with it, then you must make sure that it is business acceptable. Double-breasted cardigans are also very stylish because they can be work with practically any type of shirt.Â Some cardigans are very stylish but are not ideal for the business environment. Some are great for both business and casual. Then some can be worn with almost any attire such as pants and dresses.
- There is really no set weather that cardigans can or cannot be worn. Most places have an ideal weather to allow cardigans to be in vogue all year round. Even in places with tropical climate, the temperatures decline as one gets towards the evening.
- There are many different materials that are used to make cardigans. Some come in cotton and other wool and cashmere but there are others. Cotton is very appealing because it can wear with practically anything and is also very soft to the skin. These can be worn with dress pants for the office setting or with jeans if it a casual atmosphere or a weekend.
- Gracie Opulanza’sÂ favouriteÂ cardigan brands, Alannah Hill, Kate Spade, Ted Baker, Karen Millen, Topshop, individual designer section, and for a safer option, Hobbs, Lk Bennett and Monsoon.
1960’s - Fashion Tips To Create Your 60’s Style
The 1960’s mod fashion clothes have hit the high street.Â Do you want to learn more about the 60’s trend? Will this era fit my body shape?
Here are theÂ basic elementsÂ that areÂ essential toÂ createÂ your â60’s-era pieces.
- Colour. Don’t be afraid Â to experiment with colour
- Eometric shapes and patterns.Â Look for pieces with interesting and graphic designs that really pop. are all authentic mod-inspired patterns to try.
- Clean lines.Â Ditch all those ruffled, laced, sequined and/or beaded items.Â Mod is all about crisp, clean and no-frills pieces. The more streamlined, the better.
- Saturated colors.Â Donât shy away from bold and rich colors! Primary hues (red, blue and yellow) are always popular picks when it comes to mod. Start with one of those colors and youâll be good to go.
- Short hemlines.Â In the â60s mod era, short skirts and mini dresses ruled, so show off those legs with modern day interpretations of those pieces. Just remember to add some tights in the winter to keep from freezing!
- Feminine collars.Â Pick dresses, blouses and coats withÂ dainty, Peter Pan-style collars. These rounded collars make a statement without looking too bold.
- Mini skirts. The skirt has a standout color, clean shape and short hemline â perfect for a mod-inspired look!
- A-lineÂ mini dresses.Â Â These frocks are flattering on all shapes and sizes and are super-easy to dress up or down. There are lots of options when it comes to colors and patterns, so youâre sure to find one that matches yourÂ aestheticÂ and gives off a distinct â60s vibe.
- Cardigans. Choose the right colour for you. Make sure they cling to your body and threeÂ quarterÂ sleeve length looks perfect.
- Statement jewelry.Â Look for unique bracelets, necklaces,Â broochesÂ and earrings with interesting shapes and styles. A great piece of statement jewelry can dress up theÂ simplestÂ of outfits or add that perfect finishing touch to a fashion-forward look.
- Lingerie. Make sure you embrace this in full Â 60’s swing
- Something color-blocked.Â Color blocking incorporates multiple colors and geometric shapes â both of which are elements of the style. If you arenât ready to rock a full-on color-blocked piece, try out accessoriesÂ like jewelry, shoes or purses.
- Boxy shapes.Â Loose-fitting and body-skimmingÂ pieces were all the rage during the â60s mod era. Look for modern interpretations of those shapes this fall. The cheery color, cropped sleeves and standout buttons make the coat pictured above a fresh and totally frumpy boxy piece.
- Eyewear - choose glasses that suit your face
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this 1960’s era its worth the effort.
Mad Men 1960’s look
Mad Men, Republic collection 2012
Melbourne Photoshoot 2012
Fabric Clash - Best Styling Tips On How to Wear Florals
FloralÂ maniaÂ is everywhere this Spring 2012.
Are you finding that the floral collections a littleÂ intimidating? Do you wonder what colour accessories willÂ completeÂ my outfit?
Don’t worry? In thisÂ articleÂ I will give you three tipsÂ guaranteedÂ to show you how to wearÂ floralÂ this Spring.
- Find yourself a great cardigan or sweater. It’s the perfect must-have to balance the weather and your chosen floral outfit.
- Make sure you choose the right floral patterns and colour combinations that suit your skin tone.
- Your accessories should be one colour tone only and make sure its a colour, taken from your floral outfit.
Don’t be afraid ofÂ floral, keep theÂ accessoriesÂ simple and try on as many styles as you can to create your unique look.
Simple accessories are the key
Great examples of how you can complete your outfits
Marni - Launches H&M Collection In One Hour
Marni launches its highly-anticipated H&M collection in store tomorrow for both men and women. You better get your fashion running shoes on and finalise your shopping lists. Happening right now is H&M’s VIP preview party for the lucky few. Can you imagine the line up tomorrow and the fashion tension as the doors open? Similar to the running of the bulls atmosphere. Once the doors open you can bolt for your fashion life to get your hands on the latest Marni collection. I love it all. The mens collection is so urban appealing, its parka and shirts are my favourite.
For those who can’t make it, don’t fret because the remaining collection will be stocked on H&M’s website. If all else fails the Ebay fashion police will nab as much as they can and get it online for double the price. Well, fashion does comes at a price.
Drew Barrymore in Los Angeles last night.
Flamingotherapy - Colourful Casual Clothing That Makes You Feel Good.
Walking through theÂ fantasticÂ stalls at Spitalfields I was greeted by a very friendly lady by the name of Ilaria. She was very passionate about her collections and she explained to me why she lovedÂ them so much. She has always lovedÂ experimentingÂ with colours and different types ofÂ materials. Her infectiousÂ MediterraneanÂ Â personality was a draw cardÂ of her store. I loved her clothes and the way sheÂ explainedÂ how you could wear them. Her websiteÂ showcases what she has to offer in aÂ veryÂ colourfulÂ and enticing way. I would highlyÂ recommendÂ heading down to Spitalfields on a Sunday toÂ haveÂ a look andÂ I’m sure you’ll just have to purchase something.
Her clothing was worn onÂ DesperateÂ housewife
Gorgeous ILaria, wearing her own collection
Selfridges - Paul Smith New Collection Launch Party
I could not help noticing the lager,the fashionable looking men and the loud music. So in pure fashion style, London Fashion Week parties are going on. Mr Dj looked the music part and his colleagues in toe were grooving away.
This baggy long dress seems to be lurking the London streets infact even in oz at the moment. Very enthusiastic, staff and clients were just looking live catwalk images. Mr headset groover was so rocking in this outfit and the gorgeous, blonde Amanda was quickly lured in for the pose. Mr Paul Smith staff member wearing the latest Paul Smith image looked the fashion dish and he so wore it well.