1960’s - Fashion Tips To Create Your 60’s Style
The 1960’s mod fashion clothes have hit the high street.Â Do you want to learn more about the 60’s trend? Will this era fit my body shape?
Here are theÂ basic elementsÂ that areÂ essential toÂ createÂ your â60’s-era pieces.
- Colour. Don’t be afraid Â to experiment with colour
- Eometric shapes and patterns.Â Look for pieces with interesting and graphic designs that really pop. are all authentic mod-inspired patterns to try.
- Clean lines.Â Ditch all those ruffled, laced, sequined and/or beaded items.Â Mod is all about crisp, clean and no-frills pieces. The more streamlined, the better.
- Saturated colors.Â Donât shy away from bold and rich colors! Primary hues (red, blue and yellow) are always popular picks when it comes to mod. Start with one of those colors and youâll be good to go.
- Short hemlines.Â In the â60s mod era, short skirts and mini dresses ruled, so show off those legs with modern day interpretations of those pieces. Just remember to add some tights in the winter to keep from freezing!
- Feminine collars.Â Pick dresses, blouses and coats withÂ dainty, Peter Pan-style collars. These rounded collars make a statement without looking too bold.
- Mini skirts. The skirt has a standout color, clean shape and short hemline â perfect for a mod-inspired look!
- A-lineÂ mini dresses.Â Â These frocks are flattering on all shapes and sizes and are super-easy to dress up or down. There are lots of options when it comes to colors and patterns, so youâre sure to find one that matches yourÂ aestheticÂ and gives off a distinct â60s vibe.
- Cardigans. Choose the right colour for you. Make sure they cling to your body and threeÂ quarterÂ sleeve length looks perfect.
- Statement jewelry.Â Look for unique bracelets, necklaces,Â broochesÂ and earrings with interesting shapes and styles. A great piece of statement jewelry can dress up theÂ simplestÂ of outfits or add that perfect finishing touch to a fashion-forward look.
- Lingerie. Make sure you embrace this in full Â 60’s swing
- Something color-blocked.Â Color blocking incorporates multiple colors and geometric shapes â both of which are elements of the style. If you arenât ready to rock a full-on color-blocked piece, try out accessoriesÂ like jewelry, shoes or purses.
- Boxy shapes.Â Loose-fitting and body-skimmingÂ pieces were all the rage during the â60s mod era. Look for modern interpretations of those shapes this fall. The cheery color, cropped sleeves and standout buttons make the coat pictured above a fresh and totally frumpy boxy piece.
- Eyewear - choose glasses that suit your face
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this 1960’s era its worth the effort.
Mad Men 1960’s look
Mad Men, Republic collection 2012
Melbourne Photoshoot 2012